1. Welcome to Studentfilms.com, a forum dedicated to film school, student filmmakers, and their films. If you have questions about applying to film school or anything related to film-making, our forum members will be happy to help out. Please Register or Login and enjoy the site!

Short Screenplays Wanted

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Classifieds' started by Conners, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Conners

Conners New Member

We're directors looking for a short screenplay to make into our next short
    film. We will accept any genre and length. The writer must be open to any
    changes made during the production. The film will be submitted to festivals
    and you will receive full credit. As filmmakers we've been featured in the
    pages of RollingStone Magazine, our website is filmwave.com. Email your
    short screenplay to donwest67@charter.net

2. Conners

Conners New Member

We're directors looking for a short screenplay to make into our next short
    film. We will accept any genre and length. The writer must be open to any
    changes made during the production. The film will be submitted to festivals
    and you will receive full credit. As filmmakers we've been featured in the
    pages of RollingStone Magazine, our website is filmwave.com. Email your
    short screenplay to donwest67@charter.net

3. ralphnj

ralphnj New Member

Try this script, let me know if you're interested.

"Kittens"
    by
    Ralph N.J
    Fade IN
    Int. Room-Night

The sound of heavy breathing is heard. We fade in to long red haired girl, PIPER, lying on her back, arms spread on bed. Her eyes are wide. Her face is covered in sweat. She is frightened. In her right hand, she clutches a gun.

She gets up, she turns her head. We see the shape of a person under a sheet. The shape does not move. She looks away. She starts to sob. She is lost, she doesn't know what to do. She falls back. Seeing the shape lying next to her, she quickly moves away from it, crawling on the edge of the bed, onto the floor and into a corner of the room. Noticing the gun still in her hand, she throws it across the floor. The gun slides to an abrupt stop. She stays huddled in the corner, bare feet. She has her head to the wall, eyes closed, looking away from the gun. Her hair hides her face. Her face, her legs, her gown and all the rest of her body are covered with red smudges of blood. She moans silently.

Dissolve to:
    Int-Adjoining Room-Night

Older dark haired woman, LOLA, in silk robe, sits at the end of the bed. She smokes a cigarette. Behind her also lies a shape. This shapes moves but stops as if to back to sleep. LOLA gets up, snuffs out her cigarette in the ashtray by the bedside table, takes the wad of money left there and stuffs it in her bra. She leaves the room.

Cut to:
    Int. Hallway-Night

LOLA walks toward adjoining door. She knocks. No answer. Listens, head against door. She slowly opens the door a crack. She peers through, nothing. She enters.

Cut to:
    Int. Piper's room-Night

LOLA turns her head and sees PIPER in the far right corner of the room, same position as before. LOLA approaches, feels something cold under her feet. She looks down, jumps, kicks it away.

The gun slides under the bed out of sight.

LOLA
    ****!

She looks at PIPER. Her eye follows the small trail of little red dots from the floor to the matress to an even bigger mess where the shape still lies. All that is seen is a leg and an arm. The rest is covered by sheet.

LOLA
    ****!
    (sharply at PIPER)
    Don't-Move, You hear me.

She leaves the room.

PIPER is alone, head against the wall, listening to the sound of footsteps and a drawer being opened. A few more footsteps and LOLA reappears with a packet of cigarettes. She gets out a lighter from the pocket of her robe. She lights herself one, stuffs the lighter in her pocket. She puts the packet down on a small table, where an ashtray lies, by the window.

After a few puffs and pacing around the room, she snuffs out her cigarette in the ashtray.

She heads toward the closet at the other end of the room, opens it and gets out a small suitcase covered with torn travel stickers unreadable to us. LOLA slaps it down on the bed. Opens it and heads back to the closet where she starts rummaging through drawers.

PIPER looks up.

PIPER
    Wh-what are you d-doing?
    A beat

LOLA
    You're leaving. Tonight.

PIPER
    But-

LOLA
    No "buts".

PIPER
    You don't-

LOLA
    (Holding out her finger)
    Tsch.

PIPER
    (fast;through tears)
    He got rough. I told him to stop.
    He got angry. He-

LOLA
    (sharply)
    Don't tell me.

She frantically continues emptying drawers. She comes back with a small pile of very ordinary looking clothes, none of them are very clean. She clumsily puts it all down into the suitcase. Something cathches her eye. She goes through the clothes and gets out a rather sexy pair of panties. She is outraged.

LOLA
    You *****! Who told you you could take my stuff!

She throw them in PIPER'S face.

LOLA looks under the bed for the gun but can't find it.

PIPER sniffs, wipes a tear from her face, gets up, crawls over to LOLA and wraps herself around LOLA's legs.

LOLA
    Stop that!

PIPER doesn't let go. LOLA barely manages to break loose and kicks PIPER away.

PIPER lies on all fours crying.

LOLA
    Don't you ever touch me!

PIPER is still crying. LOLA gets her up on her feet.

LOLA
    Now get dressed!

PIPER
    (sharply)
    NO!!

PIPER is down at the corner of the bed hugging it. She sobs uncontrollably.

LOLA
    Oh, grow up will ya?

PIPER
    I can't go home, I can't go anywhere.
    (sobs)
    I didn't want to hurt him. He just-
    He just-Ohh god!
    (looks toward LOLA)
    Believe me, Lola. Pleaasse. Belive me.

LOLA
    I believe you.

At this moment the camera slowly pans over to the shape. It lies on it's stomach, the right hand moves a little. We hear:

PIPER
    (O.S.)
    You don't.

The shape is up, his head can just barely be seen looking toward the women. He holds the gun up toward one of the two women.

LOLA
    (O.S.)
    I do.

PIPER
    (O.S)
    No, you don't. You have no idea how I feel. You have no feelings of your own, you-

LOLA
    (O.S)
    GET DOWN!

Sound of a body hitting the floor. LOLA pounces on the shape. Small struggle, gargling noises then silence. LOLA has clearly strangled him.

A cry.

Pan back with LOLA over to PIPER, back in her corner. LOLA tries, not too succesfully, to console her.

LOLA
    It's OK...it's OK.

LOLA takes PIPER over to the bed the bed. PIPER hesitates then sits down trying hard to ignore the dead body. LOLA grabs her packet of cigarettes from the table, sits down next to PIPER, takes out a cigarette. She offers one to PIPER.

PIPER
    No...thanks.

LOLA lights her cigarette. They both look away, silent.

LOLA
    What else did you steal?
    Aside from the gun.

PIPER
    Your underwear.

They look at each other, LOLA smiles briefly then looks away. PIPER does likewise.

LOLA is pensive. She scratches her leg a bit. PIPER looks up. She stares at the ceiling.

She notices a small piece of wallpaper peeling off the wall. It is decaying rapidly.

PIPER
    Lola

LOLA
    Hmm

PIPER
    Were you ever...you know?

No answer.

PIPER
    Suppose it did. What would you do?

LOLA
    What can I say, piper? You just pack and go.
    (takes a drag)
    It's our instinct. Remember that.

PIPER
    I don't think I can.

LOLA
    You will.
    (takes a drag, then blows)
    You will.

PIPER looks back at the piece of wallpaper.

A beat.

PIPER
    "Where there's a will"

The piece of wallpaper peels off slightly. She looks down at her feet.

PIPER
    "There's a way" All I remember from school, before I dropped out.

She laughs silently to herself.

LOLA looks toward her, surprised.

PIPER looks toward LOLA.

They both stare a while, then look away.

PIPER
    When do I leave?

Another beat.

LOLA
    (sighs)
    Now, I guess.
    (nods her head; scratches her leg again)
    Yeah, might as well. Go.

PIPER gets up leaving LOLA to her thoughts. She looks at LOLA one last time then looks away. She closes her suitcase then heads toward the bathroom with her clothes. Pan over to LOLA. The sound of running water can be heard. LOLA remains lost in her thoughts. We slowly pan back to PIPER, fully dressed, face more or less clean. She takes one last look in the mirror, wiping off any last traces with tissue paper. She throws it down the toilet, flushes then exits the bathroom. The camera slowly follows her picking up her suitcase and heading for the door.

LOLA
    Wait!

LOlA gets up, approaches PIPER, takes the wad of money out of her bra and passes it to PIPER.

LOLA
    Take this. You'll need it.

PIPER stares at the money in her hand.

PIPER
    I thought-

LOLA
    Take it.

LOLA smiles. PIPER smiles back.

PIPER looks over to the corpse.

PIPER
    What about him?

LOLA
    Just go.

PIPER slowly nods then exits.

LOLA is alone, cigarette still in hand. She walks over to the window. The light shines the venetian blinds across her face. She takes a drag. The sound of a bus coming and leaving is heard. She looks down.

Cut to:
    POV from window-Street.

Through the blinds we can make out a small phone booth. PIPER is inside.

Cut to:
    Ext. Street-Night

The street is dark, lit only by the light of the booth. From the outside, we watch her. She is crying. The camera slowly pans around her.

PIPER
    Yes, I'll accept the charges...Piper...hello...yeah,it's me.

Short pause

I don't know why I ran away...I'm OK, I guess...Nowhere important...just some town...mom...I wanna ask you(snif)could you- (holds back; hesitates)
    never mind...how's ginger?...really..kittens..
    (cheering up a little)
    that's great

Long Pause

(calming down)
    I can...okay...I love you

She cries one more time and hangs up. She gets out, wipes a tear from her face with her sleeve and slowly walks down the street,suitcase in hand, into darkness.

Cut to:
    Int. Room-Night

LOLA is watching. She takes a breathe and and snuffs out her cigarette.

[she gets out a mobile phone from her pocket. WIDE SHOT of room as she turns her back to us then exits.

LOLA
    Hi, it's lola...got a bit of a situation here

The room is still, corpse in sight.]

Fade Out