I first shot this film in Fall 2014. It was the first narrative short I had shot since graduating from undergrad film school 4 years prior, and I scrambled to write and shoot it quickly because I knew I needed new work in order to apply to MFA programs (and felt my undergrad shorts didn't best represent my abilities or the work I wanted to be making). I planned to submit it to a round of MFA applications that Winter, but life got in the way and I decided to wait a year to apply. Finished a fine cut and basic color correction and sound mix in the Winter of 2015 in time to submit to 7 MFA programs. Got accepted to 4 of those and decided to attend CalArts, where I continued to tweak the sound, color, titles, etc through January 2017.
- Film made while attending:
- Canon T3i
- Software Used:
- Final Cut 7
- Other Film Equipment Used::
- 2 Sennheiser wireless lavs, a cheapo shotgun mic, Tascam Zoom H4N recorder, the cheapest jib I could find (glidecam) for the opening shot, practical lights or natural light (sometimes with a bounce) only
- Film was submitted to following Schools:
- California Institute of the Arts - ACCEPTED (now attending)
Columbia University - ACCEPTED
Ohio University - ACCEPTED
Columbia College - ACCEPTED
UT Austin - REJECTED
Temple University - REJECTED
Brooklyn College (Barry R Feirstein) - REJECTED
- Were you Accepted?:
- Awards won:
There's a character limit here, so I'll go into more detail about my experience submitting it to schools & fests on the discussion tab...
To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!
- YouTube URL: