2015 BlueCat Screenplay Competition
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Since 1998, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition has provided a community for the unknown screenwriter to develop their work, giving undiscovered talent a path to professional success.
BlueCat accepts both feature length and short screenplays, and in keeping with our longstanding tradition, every screenplay will receive one written analysis, with our best screenplays receiving over $40,000 in cash prizes.
All submissions received by June 15th will receive theirwritten analysi by July 1st.
The Special Early Entry Fee for all scripts received by June 15th is $55 for features and $35 for short screenplays.
The final deadline for the competition is November 15th, 2014.
We look forward to working with you!
$15,000 Best Feature Screenplay
$2500 Four Feature Finalists
$10,000 Best Short Screenplay
$1500 Three Short Finalists
$1500 The Cordelia Prize
Best Feature Screenplay from the UK
$1500 Joplin Award Prize
Best Feature Screenplay from outside the USA, Canada or the UK
Movie Title Contest: Three Winners $250 each
All screenplays entered by August 1st are eligible
Recent achievements by BlueCat Alumni
- Young Il Kim’s script, “Rodham”, a 2012 Blacklist Script, recently attached director Jason Ponsoldt (“The Spectacular Now”). Young recently won the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Commissioning Grant from Sundance, where he will write a biopic on Stephen Hawking.
- Elijah Wood produced Ana Lily Amipour’s “A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night”, set for release in late 2013.
- Aaron Guzikowski’s “Prisoners”, starring Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal and Melissa Leo, will be released September 2013. The Sundance Channel recently bought Aaron’s TV pilot, “The Descendents”, making it their second scripted show after “Rectify.”
- Ashleigh Powell sold her script, “SomaCell”, to Warner Brothers, with David Goyer attached to produce.
- “SomaCell”, along with “Rodham”, were two 2012 Blacklist Scripts written by BlueCat Alumni.
SUBMIT YOUR SCREENPLAY:
BlueCat Screenplay Competition