• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

#Abby - Emotional Short Film

That was great. Very well shot. The music did get a little repetitive and the story wasn't entirely original... but I did enjoy it. Gorgeous film and effects.

One suggestion to improve the ending... it would be very powerful to finally hear natural sounds such as the waves and even better a or two words from Abby and "her man" .

That would be a great juxtaposition to the "silence" of the rest of the film.

I've added a new "short film" section that is integrated with the site much better. If you add your film there it'll be much easier for people to comment on it, rate it, and give reviews.

Ha - that last message was written by me as a test user. :) I was logged into the wrong account.

Cool stuff. I would've gone for a slightly different track - the piano track, while beautiful, is a bit too serious for what is essentially a small story trying to say something big about how we live now. I would've gone for something a little bit more playful.

Also, I think most girls wouldn't have actually responded to the guy on the train, and if they did, they might've been a little creeped out by the fact that he was watching her long enough to sketch her with a lot of accuracy. That being said, if you maybe added a scene or two of them noticing each other just a bit in the second half of the film, it might've worked better.

Also, the older guy on the jetty kind of confused me - I figured sketch guy was going to be the guy she was going to meet, and for a second, I thought it was a bait and switch and the older guy was the guy who threw her the paper airplane.

All that being said, your story was very clear, and you had some really beautiful shots in there. Keep making films, man! :)

I love it! A definitely great film to watch! And the story is totally awesome. Everything that happens really has a purpose just like dropping your phone and not on being able to be active on social media yet appreciating what's around your environment and finally meeting your man. Love the plot! Though there are some changes you need to do just like the music you've put in it and those recommendations they've just said. But still, it's a two thumbs up for you Michael!

Seems like a good movie. the YouTube link is not working anymore as if the video is removed or something. I wanna watch it, where can I find it?

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back