• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

adopting a new adapting technique

i'm still conflicted about this movie. there were some real brilliant moments in this film, and i think spike jonze did an excellent job with the script - (there is alot of the script that isn't in the movie too.)

as for the screenplay, i suggest you read it before you really dog it, because it is really well written and very eloquent and succinct. but you guys do bring up some good points concerning the over indulgent self-references, and giving up in the end and catering to the hollywood game. i would have preferred something more akin to a revolt of the hollywood storytelling techniques, but i agree with alan denton, the story had many layers concerning what it means to adapt something and how everything is affected by their surroundings. where the orchids appearance was affected by how the insect that pollinated it, the screenwriter was affected by the environment that seems to foster and award those types of scripts that become lazy mind numbing predictable action thrillers.

either way, i definately recommend reading the script, because i can ensure you, it shows that not just any joe could have written it.

http://beingcharliekaufman.tripod.com/adaptation.pdf

" I won't show you tonight what requires many hours of progressive and
scientific exercises to even begin to make itself visable; besides I
would need space and air, and especially a head of steam -- which I
haven't got."

http://www.lostheadfactory.com

i'm still conflicted about this movie. there were some real brilliant moments in this film, and i think spike jonze did an excellent job with the script - (there is alot of the script that isn't in the movie too.)

as for the screenplay, i suggest you read it before you really dog it, because it is really well written and very eloquent and succinct. but you guys do bring up some good points concerning the over indulgent self-references, and giving up in the end and catering to the hollywood game. i would have preferred something more akin to a revolt of the hollywood storytelling techniques, but i agree with alan denton, the story had many layers concerning what it means to adapt something and how everything is affected by their surroundings. where the orchids appearance was affected by how the insect that pollinated it, the screenwriter was affected by the environment that seems to foster and award those types of scripts that become lazy mind numbing predictable action thrillers.

either way, i definately recommend reading the script, because i can ensure you, it shows that not just any joe could have written it.

http://beingcharliekaufman.tripod.com/adaptation.pdf

" I won't show you tonight what requires many hours of progressive and
scientific exercises to even begin to make itself visable; besides I
would need space and air, and especially a head of steam -- which I
haven't got."

http://www.lostheadfactory.com

Well, the only difference I saw between the screenplay and the movie was that it explored even more of Charlie's distance from women. The very last scene though was worse than in the movie though. In the movie he didn't have to tell a chick he was a screenwriter to get with her. At least the movie's ending was a little happier.

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back