• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

Sophia Trainor

Hello,

I am a final year animation student in the UK. I am making a 3 minute stop motion animation called Ape Escape about the friendship between a young circus escapee orangutan called Ami and an old female marine conservationist named Marina who lives in the middle of the ocean. I will be entering the animation into film festivals where your soundtrack will be showcased. If you have ideas of what music could work I am open to suggestions and look forward to hearing them:

For the intro of the film I’m thinking of using a melancholic tune similar to the theme of Jean de Florette: In this scene Ami (orangutan) is rowing in a crate away from the circus to find her home (jungle).

For the middle of the film I am thinking of using nostalgic sounding instrumental music with a quirkiness to it similar to the song Brazil by Geoff Muldaer and Michael Kamen: In this scene Marina (the old lady) who has just met Ami will at first find the orangutan irritating but a friendship grows between them as they spend time together.

And for the ending including credits I was thinking of using a boppy, upbeat tune with ape noises worked into it: in this scene Ami returns safely from the destroyed rainforest back to Marina's house, bringing with her other orangutans of all ages on handmade rafts. The orangutans build a new wild home around Marina’s house.

If you are interested I will send you the animatic (a preliminary version of the film, produced by shooting successive sections of a storyboard) which you can work out timings to, and the script so you can understand the story better. It would be great if I could get a rough soundtrack by or before 11th December. I look forward to a positive collaboration.

If interested please contact me ASAP at:
ST181334@falmouth.ac.uk

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back