1. To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

Composer Needed for Student Film

Discussion in 'Composers / Royalty Free Music' started by ktaylor7, May 23, 2017.

1. ktaylor7

ktaylor7 New Member

Hello everyone! I'm a student at University of Central Florida, and I'm in a group of 14 students in their character animation program. We're working together on a short animated film titled "UkeLayla," and we are in need of a composer to score this senior capstone project.

Synopsis:
    An 11-year-old girl named Layla has a speech disability that prevents her from verbally communicating with others. However, she finds solace in music, and she realizes that she can connect through this medium, making a friend in the process, Kiki.

We will have an animatic with stand-in music to represent the different moods we are aiming for at different times in the film. We must have ukulele and accordion music within the score since those are the two major instruments played by the two main characters, but the rest of the instruments are varied. Overall, the score we are looking for is quirky and upbeat at times and emotional at other times, with a big emphasis on motifs for both of the main characters, Layla and Kiki, who play the ukulele and accordion respectively.

Because this is a non-profit project by our university, our budget is limited, but you will definitely be acknowledged for your work because we will be entering this film in international film festivals. Your name will absolutely be in the credits, and you will be able to contact us for letters of recommendation later on in your career if you'd like. Our team will be extremely grateful for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you all.

Thank you!

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. Kyle Throw

Kyle Throw New Member

Hi ktaylor7!

I'm a recent graduate of the Composition program at Metro State University in Denver! I'd love to collaborate with you on this project. I understand you already have an idea of the music you're looking for, which is great, and I can help. I can write in a variety of genres and can express exactly what you're looking for.

Here is my soundcloud:

And here is a quirky score I did for a friend of mine who does short films

3. ktaylor7

ktaylor7 New Member

Thank you for responding! Our team will review your SoundCloud together, and we will send you a link to our animatic with stand-in music as soon as we can. Our team's email is ukelayla@gmail.com if you wish to contact us through email.

4. Chris Amato

Chris Amato New Member

Hello

I'm a musician and composer and a recent music school graduate based in Boston. You can check out my resume/portfolio here: chrisamatomusic.yolasite.com

Let me know if you're interested and I can start right away! You can contact me at camatomusic@gmail.com or through my websites contact page.

Chris

5. Ryan Baker

Ryan Baker New Member

Hi!

My name is Ryan Baker and I'm a composer and audio engineer for Buffalo and Mustang Studios, a video production company in Lynchburg Virginia. I write music for all of B&M's productions and I've composed music for several short films.

I have my own Ukulele that I can play and record. I also know an excellent accordion player that I can hire to play. I try to get as many real players as possible instead of sampled instruments. Having a human element in the music for this idea will be crucial in making it work.

You can hear my music on my SoundCloud here:

You can see the work I've done with Buffalo and Mustang Studios here:
    http://buffaloandmustang.com/index.php/our-work/

If you'd like to see the films I've worked on, I can send you links in a private conversation. The films can not be shared publicly because they are currently being sent to festivals.

Blessings,
    Ryan Baker

6. ktaylor7

ktaylor7 New Member

Hi Chris!

Thank you for replying and sending your portfolio! The Ukelayla team is working on our animatic with stand-in music and we will review your music as a team. We'll send you our animatic as soon as we can to your email, and if you wish to contact us through email, ours is ukelayla@gmail.com