1. To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

Composer Wanted

Discussion in 'Composers / Royalty Free Music' started by Noah123, Jul 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Noah123

Noah123 New Member

Hi! I'm an indie filmmaker. I'm looking for a composer for my short film. I'm making this for a contest, so the turnaround time is going to be really fast, but it's also going to be a fairly short film, maybe 3 1/2 minutes. Unfortunately there's no pay, but the end product will be something professional that you'd be proud to use in your reel. My previous films have gone on the do well very well in festivals. You can view some of them at www.NoahCamenker.com. While there's no pay for this passion project of mine, I do make corporate videos professionally, so a time may come when I can refer a composer I have a relationship with for a corporate gig. No promises, but it's happened in the past.

As a side note, I used to use the Vimeo help wanted forum, but I see that it doesn't exist anymore. What's the best place to look for composers?

I can send the script to whoever is interested. I usually wait to look for a composer until the first cut is done, but since the turnaround time is only going to be a week or two I'm posting now :) Thanks and all the best.

2. Thunderbird

Thunderbird New Member

Hi,

I would be more than happy to help you with your project. It's okay for me if it's unpaid, as I am looking to extend my portfolio/reel first. My music has been used for couple Youtube channels and I have been looking for student/indie projects for a while.

I think the best thing you can do to look for a composer is via google, That is how I got to know this forum for example... Kindest Regards

3. Hi
    I am a well experienced musician, songwriter and composer with a Master Degree from the conservatory. I have played music for 30 years and i've been playing a big part in arranging and composing music in several bands. IMDb credit: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8278608/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr3

Here’s a link to my website:

petermichaelmusic.com

4. Andrew Pisanu

Andrew Pisanu New Member

Hi. Did you find anyone?