To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!
The $50 contests on Studentfilms.com will now be a monthly affair. Each contest will have their own theme. Each film submitted to the contest must be originally made for the contest. To ensure this... the themes are going to start getting pretty specific. Now I know $50 isn't a lot of money. But the prize money is not the point. The point is to learn and have fun being a filmmaker.
The theme for this contest is "Kurosawa One Shot".
Create an up to 3 minute film using ONE TAKE ONLY that incorporates the "movement" style of filmmaking as described in this AMAZING video:
The rules for the Studentfilms.com contest of the month are as follows. Any film that does not meet the requirements will be flagged and removed from the contest and you must then resubmit a film that meets the requirements whether it be the same film changed to meet the requirements or a completely new film.
- The film must be original for the contest.
- There needs to be a clear beginning, middle, and end and a story.
- The maximum duration of the film is 3:00. If the Youtube or Vimeo duration says 3:01 or 3:02 it will not qualify. Please re-edit and resubmit.
- If your film has music it must use an original score. You can use one of the many great composers on this site or find or compose your own. No copyrighted music allowed.
- No nudity or swearing. Keep it family friendly. Nothing that would be an "R" rating.
- The top 3 films with the highest ratings and the most likes will then be voted on by the Studentfilms.com staff which is currently @Mike_V and myself.
Members of Studentfilms.com will then rate and review the films. On May 15th @Mike_V will pick a winner from the films with the highest rating and the most likes.
The winning film will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate.
Page 6 of 15