• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

"Fridge"

Sigma4000

Here is a short film I made with a friend of mine for an assignment towards our Ba in film. Hope you like please feel free to comment etc. Feedback welcome.

Cheers
Gareth & Cameron
icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...youtube_gdata_player

That is really good! One of the best and most advanced student short films I've seen. As per my comment on the 'tube, definitely noticed the Clockwork Orange references (technically I think they were tangerines but w/e ha. Great job.

As an exercise, I give you A+ with extra credit.

As a film, I'm not sure what to look for. Storywise.

Am I missing something? What's the deal with the fridge? Was the guy remembering his past or fantasizing his future?

I like the visual and sound design of your assignment. Very proficient camerawork and color correction, although there's a close-up that looks artificial, as if it had been blown up in post. Maybe not.

@Attae
Thank you very much for your great comments me and Cameron greatly appreciate them. We have made several films over the past year or so and this is definitley the one we are most proud of. Thanks a lot.

@GabrielM
Also thasnk you for your comments much appreciated. The story behind the film is a clean cut suburban everyday guy who apparently lives a normal life. The violent scenes are flashbacks of women that he has murdered the night before. With the fridge thing we wanted to make the audience think that his victims are cut uo and kept in the fridge without actually showing this.

The idea is you never know whos living next door to you.

Which shot looks artificial. No shots were alters in post everything you see was shot except for a little colour correcting.

Cheers Gareth & Cameron

Thanks for your explanations.

For me, the shots of the woman didn't come off as flashback. I was confused. Naturally, people will have different interpretation, so be aware of this ambiguity.

The "artificial shot" was at 1:43. It's an extreme close up on the guy. I thought it was grainier than I should have been, as if it had been zoomed in in post. But worry not, this is not an issue.

Good job.

I thought many of the shots and combination of them look cool, like when you cut from a shot of him cutting the woman's body to him slicing bacon. It kind of brings your point that violence exists in everyday life.

But most part of the film consists of flashback, which is the past, and nothing really happens in the present. I would like to see how his past creates his personality in the present, and how it affects his relationship with the neighbor.

To me, flashback is something that sort of explains what, why and how things happen now, but it's not a main story. It left me thinking, then what?

@GabrielM
Thanks again for your comments much appreciated.

@hdt
Im glad the film left you thinking. As this is exactly what we were hoping to achieve. Characters and stories dont necessarily have to have explanations and closure it's upto the audience to make thier minds up, Somrthing that is frequently used in Holywood films by directors such as Tarantino and Hitchcock. Hopr you like the film though.

The films great mate. just like to say i study music production and was looking for some short films to compose some music to so if you have any i can practice to, it will be appreciated.
It will be all free aswell.

cheers

Thanks for all your awesome comments.

@Zach Satrt we always looking for music to use. Fell free to compose something for Fridge as we would like to maybe enter it into some fil festivals and obviously due to copyright laws we would have to remove the current music. Always good to know someone like yourself in thsi business though.

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back