• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

GL-2 or DVX-100

OceanAve

Hi everyone. I'm stashing up my money for a GL-2, or an DVX-100. After reading some reviews and other posts, these are quite exceptional cameras. If anyone is selling either of these, we can discuss a purchase. Any other advice on these cameras or others are geatly appreciated. Thanks

David

Hi everyone. I'm stashing up my money for a GL-2, or an DVX-100. After reading some reviews and other posts, these are quite exceptional cameras. If anyone is selling either of these, we can discuss a purchase. Any other advice on these cameras or others are geatly appreciated. Thanks

David

Well if your looking to buy used chances are you arent going to find a DVX. (although Titus did, but it was someone he knew) The hype still hasnt died down on this cam and since I havent heard of anyone who has purchased one being dissapointed they are slim.

GL2's should be a little easier to come by though. If nothing else their owners are simply upgrading to XL1's or DVX100's and looking to get rid of them. Solid little cam.

It really depends on what you want to do and what you want to spend. You can get the DVX new nder $3,000. If thats a bit out of your price range you should still be very pleased with the GL2's performance. Good luck on your decision.
R. Michael

"Luck, is when opportunity, meets preperation." "There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth, and none of us are lying" -Robert Evans
Tizzy Entertainment "Redemption" Hi-Def trailer

I would recommend the Sony PD150 over both of those cameras......it's really the best of both worlds if you ask me. As far as prices go, you can buy it grey market for around $2300, which is less than both of those cameras I believe.

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back