1. To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

Hello from Tumdetme Productions!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Aidan Collett, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Aidan Collett

Aidan Collett New Member

Hey everybody (or whoever reads this)!

My name is Aidan Collett and I enjoy every aspect of filmmaking.

When I was little, I had an enormous fascination with characters in movies - villains mainly. I always wanted to be them, but I never knew how. It started with dressing up as them for halloween... This later encouraged the growth of my special effects makeup hobby.
    One day, my friend and I decided to make a tutorial on how to do special effects makeup, thus, my first YouTube video was made.

Filmwise, I was always engaged through music.

If you just simply listen to the soundtrack of a movie, so much of the story is there that watching the movie itself almost seems like a trivial action! So therefore, I started writing music. Villain themes, to be precise. I would make soundtracks and ideas for themes without even having a camera or the means to make a movie out of it.

So now I am older. And I have all the resources I can to make films... Once those floodgates were opened, I felt awakened almost. I fully believe I am ready to make a name for myself in this industry, for my understanding of film burrows deep, beyond all technical aspects. I feel I have transcended past the camera and now see filmmaking for what it truly is - art.

My production company, Tumdetme Productions, finds its origins from a simple game of tag, where my father chased me as a little kid and I would scream "Tum Det Me Dah Dah!", as child speech entails.

The perspective I hope to invite audiences into is divided in two. On one side, my goal is to create dramatic motion pictures that praise or focus on the villain, for I believe their stories to be the most rich and endearing. On the other side, I wish to make films that humor sad, scary, or uneasy circumstances... I guess that would be a dark comedy.

Overall, I hope my movies send messages to their audiences. Not through a camera or cool editing. But through the story, music, and characters - those are what make a movie.

Thank you for reading this if you have been... Stay tuned for more films!

Sincerely,
    Aidan Collett