1. To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

Hey Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Matthew Hobson, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Hey everyone, just a quick intro, my name is Matthew and im currently studying my final year of A-levels and have applied to many university film courses. I have made some very small coursework projects such as trailers and a short film for college, however i am currently in the pre-prod stages of my first genuine short film (still quite long for a short though, around an hour) with genuine equipment rather than a £100 camera and an iPhone torch which was the case with my previous.

I have been looking for somewhere like this for quite some time, so I am thrilled to finally find out about this place. I look forward to posting progress, seeking advice and browsing thew work of many others.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ryan William Millar

Ryan William Millar New Member

Hi Matthew,

Are you looking for a location recordist and sound designer for your short?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris W

Chris W Studentfilms.com & FilmSchool.org Owner Staff Member

Welcome to the site!

4. Hi Ryan,
    I actually am! The idea crossed my mind of trying to do it myself but I have no clue on sound recording. The short I am planning seems to be getting longer and longer and is looking more like a short feature film. But it is still a short while away - I am still writing it, actually not long started writing it...

The problem I thought might deter having a crew however was the fact this is low low budget filmed on a low/mid DSLR , and so there isn't any money to pay a crew so people would be working without pay. Obviously if there was anything left or if in the future money should come as a result of the film via festivals etc then it would be evenly split amongst everyone involved. However I thought that might not intereast a lot of people.

If you are intereasted in this at all then by all means I would jump at the chance to work together... Just let me know and we can arrange it! :)

Thanks Ryan!