• To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

JJ Johnson

Hi all,

I am in search of a composer to work with me on a short documentary I recently shot. Here is a link to the rough cut. Please let me know if you would be interested in working with me. I will of course be offering a credit in the film, I will be submitting to a few smaller festivals and I will negotiate a reasonable compensation as well. Let me know!

Hello Mr. Johnson, Here' s couple of examples of my work. I would be happy to collaborate on your project. Good luck.
I have many different genres on my soundcloud page, if you wish to listen to more.

Hello Mr. Johnson, I love the theme of this documentary, and wish you luck. Attached are a couple pieces that I think would be similar to what I would write for your documentary (granted they would be less medieval in style). If you would like I can write a draft/preview score for you before you make your final choice. Thank you for your time and attention.

JJ Johnson

HI Steve! Thanks for responding. After looking at the rough cut do you have anything similar to what you think may be fitting for this piece? Also what sort of rate would you charge for something this length? Thanks!

JJ Johnson

Hello Mr. Johnson, I love the theme of this documentary, and wish you luck. Attached are a couple pieces that I think would be similar to what I would write for your documentary (granted they would be less medieval in style). If you would like I can write a draft/preview score for you before you make your final choice. Thank you for your time and attention.

Raymond,
Thanks for responding. I appreciate it. I would be interested in hearing a draft. I am thinking that it might be interesting to have a tone/sound/rhythm for each of the three characters. They all sort of have their own feel to them. Would it be possible to have one track of music that could change as the video changes to each of the three? I don't know much at all about music composition, so if that isn't possible no worries. Also what sort of rate would you charge for a piece this length?

I would do it for free as it's only 6 minutes long, I think the experience is enough of a payment for me at this point in my career. All I would ask for is a place in the credits and a good word from you if you are pleased with my music. I'll see what I can do for different character "feels" in 6 minutes of video. However, before I do could you tell me what emotion you want the viewers to feel and what style of music you were hoping for?

JJ Johnson

I would do it for free as it's only 6 minutes long, I think the experience is enough of a payment for me at this point in my career. All I would ask for is a place in the credits and a good word from you if you are pleased with my music. I'll see what I can do for different character "feels" in 6 minutes of video. However, before I do could you tell me what emotion you want the viewers to feel and what style of music you were hoping for?

Raymond,
After emailing with Steve, I think I am going to go ahead and go with him, however if you are interested I would love to hear what you can put together for it. Who knows I may end up using some of his and some of yours. Either way I don't mind paying you both for any work done whether I use it or not. The emotion I am going for is empathy I guess. Just trying to bring awareness to the issue of homelessness and trying to help folks realize that just giving food or water really isn't what these people need. They need help in getting jobs, education, substance abuse counseling, etc. As Steve indicated it would probably be best to have the music broken up into segments as opposed to one long piece.

I am going to restructure the film just a bit in the next couple days. So I will post the final version as soon as I get it done. Once you see that version feel free to see what you can come up with! If it sounds good we can work out a price that works for both.

Also how long do you think it would take you to finish up once you get the final video?
Cheers
JJ

Daniel Ofner

Hi! I saw the documentary and I loved it, would be happy to work on the music with you. Here are a few pices I've made, contact me if you want to work together:

- Daniel

Radik

Hi all,

I am in search of a composer to work with me on a short documentary I recently shot. Here is a link to the rough cut. Please let me know if you would be interested in working with me. I will of course be offering a credit in the film, I will be submitting to a few smaller festivals and I will negotiate a reasonable compensation as well. Let me know!

Hello :) Im musician and composer. U can see my samples .here :
http://soundcloud.com/radik80
Can compose different quality and level. (cheap)

(All music author. Rights reserved)
Let me know if u interesting

marko

Hello,i have seen a preview of your film and i have idea what kind of music it would suit you film.i am a composer and multi instrumentalist,contact me on markosmi81@yahoo.ca and in the next few days i will supply a great score for your film

Last edited:

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • One Home Left Behind
    A man has a brief chance to visit his former home and walk the...
    • Alex Roselli
    • Updated:

Latest Classifieds