• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

Looking to compose for films for free

AR299

Hi there,

I would love to compose music to some films, it could be any genre. I am up for the challenge. I’ve been mentored by an award winning composer over the past 2 years and am versatile in style - from orchestral arrangements, pop, ethereal sounds and vocals - to lofi.

I’d like to offer my services for free with a credit in return or something I can share for my portfolio. Please DM me and I will post you a link to my soundcloud so you can see some examples of what I do.

Thank you,

Alison

Hi!

I’m a student director and we are looking for a composer for our short film. It’s a pretty quick turn around as we film in March and submit in may. But we are looking to have our wedding scene and possibly others composed.

Is this something you’d be interested in?

Caden - cadenfillonpayoux@gmail.com

Hi there,

I would love to compose music to some films, it could be any genre. I am up for the challenge. I’ve been mentored by an award winning composer over the past 2 years and am versatile in style - from orchestral arrangements, pop, ethereal sounds and vocals - to lofi.

I’d like to offer my services for free with a credit in return or something I can share for my portfolio. Please DM me and I will post you a link to my soundcloud so you can see some examples of what I do.

Thank you,

Alison
Hello!

I am a third year animation (ba) student currently working on my final major project - a 2:33 minute long short-film 'Arachnicked'. Set in the Himalayas, Arachnicked tells the story of a jumping spider chasing down a huge owl who stole its food, only to find out the owl is simply trying to save its child.

I am searching for a composer to create the music for this short film. I would like the music to initially be whimsical and upbeat to create a sense of wonder, before turning eery and dramatic as the owl's threatening presence becomes more pronounced. For an example of what I am looking for, please find below links to the soundtracks for the games 'Ori and the Blind Forest' and 'Ori and the Will of the Wisps', which I have taken music from to act as placeholders in my animatic.

If this request interests you, please let me know by contacting me at c0004390@my.shu.ac.uk and I will send you my animatic and some concept art to give you further idea of the tone of my film. The final deadline for this project is the 27th of April, so it would be ideal for me to be able to implement the finished music a few weeks before then.

Thank you for taking the time to read over this request.

Ori and the Blind Forest Soundtrack:

Ori and the Will of the Wisps Soundtrack:

are you still looking for work? I need music for a martial arts animated music video
It is a animated video of people doing martial arts. I would like the music to match or go along with I guess to go along with it.
Hi can you please send some info

Thanks
? is this a different person? I just started using this site and am still getting the hang of it. I would need music to accompany people preforming martial art moves like all 5 animals crane, snake, tiger, leopard, and dragon, and forms which are a series of moves strung together. I am working on the raw footage for a composer to work from at the moment but should be done soon. I need the music before I can start animating. it would be approx. 3 minutes long.
Thank you

Hi can you please send some info

Thanks
hello,
I don't know which one to answer to so I'm putting it here as well. It will be a music video set to martial arts moves like the 5 animals and forms. I am putting together the raw footage for a composer to work with and should be done soon. and however long that ends up being will be the length of the video. 3minutes is the required minimum and no more than 5. I need the music before I can start animating.
Thank you very much for your response

Hi there,

Thank you,

Alison
are you available? I need music for a animated short film. It would be approx 3minutes long

hello,
I don't know which one to answer to so I'm putting it here as well. It will be a music video set to martial arts moves like the 5 animals and forms. I am putting together the raw footage for a composer to work with and should be done soon. and however long that ends up being will be the length of the video. 3minutes is the required minimum and no more than 5. I need the music before I can start animating.
Thank you very much for your response
Hi yeah i can help you with that

Hi yeah i can help you with that
how would you like to proceed from here? exchange emails? I can email you the raw video when I have it ready. I'd like it to sound like a mix between traditional Japanese music and Japanese pop music. something to flow with the movements. does this still interest you?

It is a animated video of people doing martial arts. I would like the music to match or go along with I guess to go along with it.

? is this a different person? I just started using this site and am still getting the hang of it. I would need music to accompany people preforming martial art moves like all 5 animals crane, snake, tiger, leopard, and dragon, and forms which are a series of moves strung together. I am working on the raw footage for a composer to work from at the moment but should be done soon. I need the music before I can start animating. it would be approx. 3 minutes long.
Thank you
Hi Emory
Have done something very similar where do i send you examples

Hi there,

Thank you,

Alison
Hi Alison,
I'm looking for help for background music for my indie feature, you can also reach me on insta at @officialsurjkumar

Thanks
Surj

Hi there,

Thank you,

Alison
Hi Alison,
I'm looking for help for background music for my indie feature, you can also reach me on insta at @officialsurjkumar

Thanks
Surj

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back