1. To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

Need composer for experimental 44' min short film

Discussion in 'Composers / Royalty Free Music' started by junkyardhounds, Mar 28, 2017.

1. junkyardhounds

junkyardhounds New Member

I made an experimental short film about a hired killer, it was my intention to grab a cliched concept and turn it into something else. I focused on the time where he isn't killing anyone and he's just like any other one of us, he's just waiting, walking back n' forth, trying to pass the time.

The timeline of the film is a sort of endless circle where we are not really sure where it starts and where it ends, we are inside the character's mind living his own repetitive existence.

I want the score to sound like the character's mind, the movie has no ambient sound and only 3 lines of dialog so the score has to bring it to life.
    Examples of how i want it to sound are Eraserhead and Rumble fish

*pro bono work*

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Harry Thompson

Harry Thompson New Member

Hi there,

I'm a musician/composer and I'm very intrigued by your work and would love to be a part of it. Please check out my stuff at soundcloud.com/harry-t-thompson/ and feel free to message me at harrythompson.info@gmail.com

Many thanks,
    Harry T Thompson

3. Seth T. T. Scott

Seth T. T. Scott New Member

Really love the concept behind this project, so many directions it could go in. I'm a film composer in New Orleans, with degrees in both classical composition and film scoring. My portfolio ranges from recordings of a symphony performing my works to 8 Bit chiptunes, including some ambient film scores, so I'm sure you'll find something you like.

My portfolio: www.soundcloud.com/sethttscott

I am best reached at SethTTScott@gmail.com

Best,
    Seth

4. Paul Chivers

Paul Chivers New Member

5. junkyardhounds

Of course :)

6. Paul Chivers

Paul Chivers New Member

7. Admax

Admax New Member

Hi there I am part of a duo who compose anything from ambient sci-if style tracks to heavy metal! We work remotely owing to being on either side of the Atlantic, but that hasn't stopped us yet! Main style is more akin to composers such as Blake Neely (Blindspot, DC Legends), Kevin Kiner (CSI Miami) and Jesse Voccia (Bosch). Some examples of our work can be found here Here, And here Looking forward to hearing from you Cheers Adam mourningstoneproductions@gmail.com

8. junkyardhounds

Here's the link

Anyone feel free to watch and try doing your own thing. Anything you need pm me

• Like Like x 1
  9. hrtstudios

hrtstudios New Member

This looks cool. I'm going to score a few minutes of this and post it back here.

10. hrtstudios

hrtstudios New Member

Here's my take on it, what do you think?

11. Alexx51

Alexx51 New Member

I would love to work with you on this. I love ambient/atmospheric music. Here is a link to a recent piece I made:

Please let me know what you think and PM me if you want to work together on this.

-Alex

12. Bruno Duprat

Bruno Duprat New Member

Greetings!

My name is Bruno Duprat and I'm a composer for many years.
    Please check my website at:

WWW.BRUNODUPRAT.COM

I'm currently available looking for more projects to be part of.
    Please contact me at:
    bd@brunoduprat.com

Cheers!