• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

No Country for Old Men

Josh

Just saw an advance screening of this. I thought it was fantastic. Incredibly tense, and great characters, and realistic but at the same time unpredictable. Awesome writing and dialogue as can be expected from the Coens. I don't want to give away too much, but if you're a Coen Bros fan, this is an absolute must see.

Maybe I missed the point or went in with the wrong mindset, but either way I was not impressed with this film at all. I really did not find it intense or captivating at any point. I'm not a fan of "plot twists" or "action", but this film seemed to be completely lacking creativity. Even though it took a completely new approach to achieve action/suspense (without any action sequences, or musical score)
it still felt overused and predictable.

However there were few things I appreciated about it.
1) It didn't spoon-feed me everything. It let me piece together the blanks without any unnecessary expositional dialog.
2) The cinematography was quite good.
3) Javier Bardem gave a great performance, and I enjoyed the traditional Coen-style
side-characters.

But overall, kinda dissapointed.

I bought this blind and have to say I was very impressed with this movie. The deliberate, slow pace and prolonged scenic shots may put some off, but not me. You could feel the tenseness just as much as the on screen characters.

The only problem is you watch an action star in a really good meaty role then boom, the next movie they do is a soppy love story and it's like man grow some balls. I know it's that they don't wanna be pigeon holed in one particular genre but WTF?

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back