1. To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

Seeking for a composer for my senior film project!

Discussion in 'Composers / Royalty Free Music' started by Eugene Seo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Eugene Seo

Eugene Seo New Member

Hello everyone!
    I previously uploaded a post similar to this where I was in search of a composer for my G11 film. Unfortunately, I was on a tight schedule due to the deadline for the submission of my film and had to finish it before I had the chance to receive any of the comments. If you would like to see the finalized film and my portfolio, feel free to check out my student film website: https://tobi1223.weebly.com/french-new-wave-film-production.html

Now, I'm back for a new film project which I will (hopefully) complete during my summer vacation. It will be a short film of three minutes, and the theme will be similar to my previous film where I will experiment with certain elements of the French New Wave. Specifically, I'm hoping to implement the documentary-like style of the narrative and cinematography, which Truffaut's "Day for Night" inspired me to do.
    Being a high school filmmaker that I am, I will not be able to make any payments. :(
    However, I can guarantee to give credit for your work in my film!

The film will follow the course of events in a day of a twelve-year-old girl who is starting to pick up the way women around her behave in order to achieve the ideal feminine look imposed by Korean society. This will specifically focus on how cosmetics is being a tool for women to blend themselves homogenously, as a mass majority of Korean women are still afraid to fully express their individuality. (The film will be shot in Korea, as is my plan to stay there during the summer break.)

This whole idea will pretty much seem a bit complicated on paper, but I can assure you that on screen it would be much easier to understand. For the music, I'm expecting the tone to be somewhat between jovial/whimsical and ominous. I would also prefer it to include sounds from instruments such as the xylophone or piano - anything that is a slight reminder of childhood.

If you find my project intriguing enough, please feel free to leave a comment and ask for further details! I will also send you my script and storyboard.

2. Meghan Rose Scott

Meghan Rose Scott New Member

Hey Eugene! We spoke briefly over direct messages. It's Meghan Scott again. First of all I just want to say that's so cool that you're going to shoot a film in Korea! I haven't worked on a film that was shot outside the US before. I would love the opportunity to be your composer for this unique story.

You can find some samples of my work at www.meghanrosescott.com and www.soundcloud.com/rosieproductions. I also mentioned to you in our conversation that I just finished scoring a film for a high school student, and she finally posted it! You can see it here: https://www.instagram.com/tv/BzZulqznY3y/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

It's about 3 minutes long and I think it demonstrates a similar childlike sound like the one that you're looking for.

I'd love to take a look at the script and storyboard and talk with you more about this project. My email is Meghan.roseproductions@gmail.com if you'd prefer to reach me there. Thanks for your time!

Meg

3. David Simkins

David Simkins New Member

Hi Eugene

Thank you very much for your message on the other post and for checking out my SoundCloud, I so pleased you liked what you heard.

Striking coincidence! I may not have known about German expressionism, but I sure do know about La Nouvelle Vague, I studied it as part of my French A Level! The style you're going for is very interesting and it will certainly reflect the poignancy of your plot well. And how cool to be having summer break in Korea!

I would be delighted if you would consider me for writing this soundtrack. As a pianist and percussionist (including Marimba, Xylophone. . .) I feel I could definitely do your short film justice in relation to the childhood aspect you want to create. No problem about budget, the credit and experience of collaboration with you on this would be more than enough for me.

Please do send me the script if you'd like to work together. I'm actually working on trailer music for a superhero film for the next three weeks, but I could look at your storyboard in the meantime and mull ideas over. I would then be free from the start of August to score your project.

It would be great to work with you on this.

Thanks
    David :) davidsimkinsjnr@gmail.com

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019