1. To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

The Director's Chair with Robert Rodriguez

Discussion in 'Film Discussions' started by genshi, Nov 11, 2014.

1. genshi

genshi Active Member

Didn't know if this was posted already (I tried to search and came up with nothing) or if anyone else has heard about this, but I thought it would be a neat resource for us aspiring filmmakers...

Robert Rodriguez, as some of you may know, has his own TV network now called El Rey; it just popped up on my cable system (Comcast) not too long ago, and besides showing the classic exploitation films, he also has his own series called "The Director's Chair with Robert Rodriguez" in which he interviews his favorite Directors about how they started, their process, their fears, mistakes, triumphs, etc.

So far I've watched his interview with John Carpenter as well as his old friend Quentin Tarantino; the interviews so far have been surprisingly enlightening and inspirational and I highly recommend anyone aspiring to be a Director to watch this series!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris W

Chris W Studentfilms.com & FilmSchool.org Owner Staff Member

That's great. Too bad I cut the cord long ago. Is it available online anywhere?

3. genshi

genshi Active Member

Unfortunately it doesn't look like he made it available online anywhere yet; only through a cable system or Direct TV. He has little one minute clips on his Youtube channel from the series, but each episode is actually one hour long.