• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

Web design for hire

jeff-ptv

I've noticed a lot of small film sites look like they were hastily put together in Microsoft Word. If you want help with your site, let me know. I'm pretty cheap, and can offer hosting from my site.
Check out pointlesstv.com and duelingtrumpets.com to see if you like my work.

http://www.pointlesstv.com

I've noticed a lot of small film sites look like they were hastily put together in Microsoft Word. If you want help with your site, let me know. I'm pretty cheap, and can offer hosting from my site.
Check out pointlesstv.com and duelingtrumpets.com to see if you like my work.

Are you at all familiar with Flash? Because my company's website has a lot of flash, and we need a lot of help trying to figure it out. We have an intro and the basic main page template, but we don't know how to work with the links or with any of the other pages. My partner knows more about it then I do. He's the one that's managing the site. You might want to talk to him too.

You can e-mail me if you want:adam@victory-rose.com

Or you can e-mail my partner: jake@victory-rose.com

-------
Adam Gates
Director, Victory Rose Films
Victory Rose Films

nice work!! clean and professional. what're your prices? just curious cause i do web stuff as well and i want to know what "the others" charge
icon_smile.gif

Stirling | Dueling the Fates @ Zomp

For Durden
Sorry, Flash is something I don't do much of. I'm more of a straight HTML/CSS guy. It's easier to make cool PHP stuff that way.

For titaniumdoughnut
I'd do it on a case to case basis, really. I doubt I'd ever be charging more than $50 unless there was a lot of work to be done. I haven't really done this for other people much, so I would work something out with the filmmakers/composers/whoever the site is for. This isn't really just to make money; it's more for building a portfolio and gaining experience.
I'm glad you like my stuff, though.
icon_biggrin.gif

hell, i'd even throw my hand in if someone needs help... i'll admit, my website skills aren't where yours are, but they're getting there... hey, you know of a good server to host vids off of? something where the bandwidth doesn't cost forty million per month
icon_wink.gif

.:there.can.be.only.one:.

titaniumdoughnut:
Well, I'm sure I'd charge more for a big project... I'm just offering to "spice up" some existing pages for cheap. If I had to make databases and stuff like that, the price would go up.
I guess my main goal is to try and help out other filmmakers. I haven't done a short film project since my junior year in high school. I miss it, but I haven't really had any opportunities or story ideas. And I come from a small town, so I'm not used to having a lot of other people to collaborate with. Since most of the time I go it alone, I figure other filmmakers must experience that, too. So if I can help by making a nice clean website for their work, it at least helps me feel like I'm still in the game.

Sma003:
PointlessTV.com, which has about 600MB of video at this point, is hosted at HostStock.com. They've recently raised their prices and bandwidth limitations, but since I signed up before the rate increase I get 10GB storage/unlimited bandwidth for $35 a year. Not the best support in the world, but no really big problems. They're fast, too.
You might want to check out Canaca.ca too. They have pretty reasonable rates with high bandwidth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by titaniumdoughnut:
i agree 100% with helping out your fellow filmmakers! honerable and the right thing to do! i'd probably offer to do that too if i had the time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perry, you'll fit in great in Hollywood.
icon_smile.gif

www.jorenclark.com || The Wallet @ ReWind

i was using WordPad for a while, but then someone said it'd be easier to use Dreamweaver (hmmm... surprise surprise
icon_wink.gif
), so that's what i use for the pages, and i use PSP 8 for graphics ...

.:there.can.be.only.one:.

I really should switch from PSP7 to PSP8, but I'm too stubborn.

Titus: FrontPage is a Microsoft product; it's part of office. It's nice because it's really similar to using a word processor, but you still have the freedom to play with your HTML directly. It also supports CSS, which is a lot more flexible than old HTML style code.
The best part is FrontPage webs. You can find/replace across all of your pages, update links with a click of a button... all sorts of timesavers. Just make sure your web host supports FrontPage extensions.

I still use WordPad for PHP and stubborn code though, so just stick with what works, I guess.

durden - did you build that flash site off of a template or is that from scratch? If its from scratch, it looks and sounds awesome, nice work. Anyway, if you need help with coding actionscript at all, i could be helpful. Check out my company's site at www.karbonstudios.com . My site below is kinda outdated design but ah well. Anyway, what are you trying to do next? the forums at www.flashkit.com are real helpful too. click on chat to get there.

Test Pilot One Eleven Productions
www.testpilot111.com

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back