1. To submit your Student Film, please Register here. You will need to write at least one constructive review of a Student Film already on the site before you may add your own. Thank you for visiting the site!

Young filmmaker looking for classically trained composers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Alfonso Barón, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Alfonso Barón

Alfonso Barón New Member

Hi, I'm new to this site. I signed up as I am working on my final student films for university and I am sound recordist/ designer. I am currently working on a drama set in a barbershop where a mysterious bag is dropped off, bringing back dark memories of the barber's past. This film is very much set around the time of films like The Untouchables and The Godfather, firstly because a barbershop had more of a sense of community and also because organised crime and the mafia were very much at large. We want a classical score that can use the same instruments (violins, pianos, flutes, etc.) to jump between the light, buzzing community vibe of the barbershop in the day to the dark, climactic ending when the barber has to face the bag and its mysterious owner. We have only just begun pre production so we aren't in any major rush and I'm sure you'll see me post about this again but if this does jump out at you and you are instantly interested, please feel free to drop me a message or send me some music and I'd be happy to give it a listen or have a chat about possibly working together. If this film is successful, we do have access to film festivals we can enter it into and of course the composer will get a credit however, we can't pay you as we are only students.

2. John Skoog

John Skoog New Member

Hi!
    Are you still looking for a classical trained composer? If so, all of your requirements matches me!
    I would love to chat with you about your project.

You can find demos, reference music and contact information at my website:
    Http://www.johnskoogmusic.com

Looking forward hearing from you!
    Kind regards,
    John Skoog

3. HEFletcher

HEFletcher New Member

Hey! I'm interested in this project, the plot sounds intriguing and I'm looking for my first film to score. I'd be honoured if you'd consider me to score your film, I'll drop a proper message later. I specialize in classical composition and have been tutored for 16 years. Thanks