Congratulations to @BenjaminW for winning the "One Shot" Kurasawa Contest with his film A Thief's Remorse.
Great film. Everyone should watch it.
A big thank you as well goes to @Steven who submitted りんご. (What does that translate to?)
The prize will be sent out soon.
What should the next contest be? A straight up Kurasawa tribute without the one shot limitation?
The $50 contests on Studentfilms.com will now be a monthly affair. Each contest will have their own theme. Each film submitted to the contest must be originally made for the contest. To ensure this... the themes are going to start getting pretty specific. Now I know $50 isn't a lot of money. But the prize money is not the point. The point is to learn and have fun being a filmmaker.
The theme for this contest is "Kurosawa One Shot".
Create an up to 3 minute film using ONE TAKE ONLY that incorporates the "movement" style of filmmaking as described in this AMAZING video:
The rules for the Studentfilms.com contest of the month are as follows. Any film that does not meet the requirements will be flagged and removed from the contest and you must then resubmit a film that meets the requirements whether it be the same film changed to meet the requirements or a completely new film.
- The film must be original for the contest.
- There needs to be a clear beginning, middle, and end and a story.
- The maximum duration of the film is 3:00. If the Youtube or Vimeo duration says 3:01 or 3:02 it will not qualify. Please re-edit and resubmit.
- If your film has music it must use an original score. You can use one of the many great composers on this site or find or compose your own. No copyrighted music allowed.
- No nudity or swearing. Keep it family friendly. Nothing that would be an "R" rating.
- The top 3 films with the highest ratings and the most likes will then be voted on by the Studentfilms.com staff which is currently @Mike_V and myself.
Members of Studentfilms.com will then rate and review the films. On May 15th @Mike_V will pick a winner from the films with the highest rating and the most likes.
The winning film will receive a $50 Amazon gift certificate.
Well the votes have finally been tallied and I'd like to congratulate @BlueBand Films and their film "Burden of Guilt" for winning the Interrogation Contest.
It was a close contest between it and @SaltedSnake Entertainment 's "The Last Laugh".
I will send the award out shortly.
What does everyone want to do next? I was thinking of an original film based on "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell
Can your film get to the top of our "Best Reviewed" and "Most Viewed" lists?
The lists on the homepage are back! They were there on the really old version of the site and I'm really happy to have them back.
We love seeing your films on Studentfilms.com. Please continue to submit them to get feedback from your peers!
Page 1 of 3