• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

Black Swan?

the story was completley fine. it was pretty well made. the only beef i had with it is the vfx, BUT! BUT! it's also done on a very small budget compared to the other big guys out there. if the had a few million bucks more then would be able to get extremely amazing vfx

Some poster in another forum was up in arms because of Portman's Oscar win. Says she didn't deserve it because she had a double doing some of her dancing.

apparently that poster does not know of this practice in Hollywood where they use stunt doubles because the actor/actress are not suddenly professionals at what their character is doing because they accepted the role... If you expect all actors to become pros at what their characters are at then you're a silly idiot...

the oscar was for her performance in the story and how good she is. The action/dance sequence is the visual fun of the story, it has nothing to do with her performance as an actress.

Originally posted by Mike_V:
apparently that poster does not know of this practice in Hollywood where they use stunt doubles because the actor/actress are not suddenly professionals at what their character is doing because they accepted the role... If you expect all actors to become pros at what their characters are at then you're a silly idiot...

That's exactly what I and many others told him.

the oscar was for her performance in the story and how good she is. The action/dance sequence is the visual fun of the story, it has nothing to do with her performance as an actress.

yeah, I figured that much too. I was bashing that specific poster not you
icon_smile.gif

I know you're not a silly sod that believes actors must be pros at whatever role they take ^_^

I really cannot understand why an actor/ actress must do everything the person he/ she is portraying does. That is why the are hired, to act not to do intricate dance routines or fly and aircraft at Mach 2.5. They are there to entertain you and that is exactly what Ms.Portman did in spades.

Originally posted by moviemaniac:
When I watch a movie, I watch it for the performance of the actor/ actress and the story and not because the artistes do their own stunts.

What, you telling me that Roger Moore didn't do his own stunts in the Bond Movies. I'm appalled.

"Black Swan" is that psychological thriller movie which is rare holiday Oscar contender.This movie is for all seasons which can be seen by all.

I enjoyed this film, I've seen it a few times. Some of the musical cues are great for helping the story along. Also a nice range of genres for music in a horror film.

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back