• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

Composer for Short Student Film (Coming of Age Drama)

I am in need of a film composer for my end of year thesis film for university. This is unpaid, but a great opportunity to work on a unique project. I am dedicated to presenting unique dramatic stories rooted in memories and everyday experiences, presented through a meditative pace and sharp visuals. I am looking to build of this with soft, minimalist music to embody the emotion of each scene, as well as feature through montages. Generally, the mood is minimalist classical with some folk acoustic.

Miles is a short (15m) coming of age drama film that follows three lifelong friends involved in a love triangle as they embark on a road trip that will change their lives forever. It is a slow, meditative character study that explores ideas of death, love and the meaning of life.

I am at picture lock off, and have a fairly tight turnover, as I am preparing to enter the film into festivals in February 2017.

I am in need of a film composer for my end of year thesis film for university. This is unpaid, but a great opportunity to work on a unique project. I am dedicated to presenting unique dramatic stories rooted in memories and everyday experiences, presented through a meditative pace and sharp visuals. I am looking to build of this with soft, minimalist music to embody the emotion of each scene, as well as feature through montages. Generally, the mood is minimalist classical with some folk acoustic.

Miles is a short (15m) coming of age drama film that follows three lifelong friends involved in a love triangle as they embark on a road trip that will change their lives forever. It is a slow, meditative character study that explores ideas of death, love and the meaning of life.

I am at picture lock off, and have a fairly tight turnover, as I am preparing to enter the film into festivals in February 2017.

Experienced composer with experience of even quicker turnarounds than this. I like the sound of the project and would love to talk to you more about it, feel free to email me at harrythompson.info@gmail.com and check out some of my work at SoundCloud.com/harry-t-thompson

Last edited:
I can get this project done in a few days if you'd like. I am a classically trained composer and folk musician, so I feel like we could collaborate well. Send me an email at sethttscott@gmail.com and I can show you examples of scores and my folk recordings.

Hey Christopher,

I love the idea behind this project - you're clearly very passionate about the subject matter and have a clear vision, both musically and emotionally. I have my Bachelor's in Music Business, with a concentration in Piano, and have been composing music for over ten years. I've composed plenty for low-budget computer games in the past. As I attended a conservatory for college, I am very comfortable writing in any classical style. I've also played in folk bands, so that's right up my alley as well. At the moment, I'm open to working for free for the right project. Would love to contribute!

I've attached some samples of my work below:

http://aigu92.wixsite.com/gillianorwollmusic

https://gillianorwoll.bandcamp.com/ (classical)

https://maxandgillian.bandcamp.com/ (folk)

https://americanfever.bandcamp.com/releases

https://gillianandrory.bandcamp.com/releases

Feel free to shoot me an email at orwollg@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you!

Cheers,

Gillian

Hi there.

I would be interested in this. I've have extensive production music experience and various TV commissions but am looking to do more drama.
Please visit www.patrickhatchett.com for examples and info.
Regards
Patrick

Hi Christopher,

My name is AK and I'm a brooklyn-based composer and sound designer. I have been working for the past 2 years as a TV commercial composer as well as a film composer for short films and documentaries. I've done sound design for feature-length films and shorts and I've included links to some of my work below. I have experience in a wide-range of styles and genres and I'm confident I can work within the timeline you're currrently looking at, if you haven't hired someone already, I know it's already March and you said your deadline was for February.

my Reels for film and commercials can be found on my website
http://www.alexandrakalinowski.com/new-page-1/

an "epic trailer" project
https://www.dropbox.com/s/60oxptcov2hslhb/AK_EpicTrailer.wav?dl=0

my Soundcloud

I hope to hear from you soon and if this project isn't a good fit, maybe we can collaborate on something in the future.

best,
AK
310-985-0007
cleardot.gif

Hi Christopher

If you are still looking for a composer, I would love to speak with you...

I can bring what is needed for this project.
Your description of what you are looking for, is right up my alley.

Thanks,
Todd

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back