• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

[TRAILER] "Though I Walk throught the valley" (Our new mystery short)

AnteerU

14936178503_0f59d2d9fb_o.jpg

THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY
(Original title: UND OB ICH SCHON WANDERT)
Our new short film

Facebook-Page | Like! | Share

Didn't want to miss the opportunity to advertise our upcoming short here, as well. It was shot in Germany and in German, so why post it here? Frankly to get an international perspective on it. What's an American, English, Aussie etc. filmmaker's take on it? We actually plan to go on international festivals with it, but first want to make our homework and this post is also to check whether we create the right expectation. Would you like to watch it from how it presents itself?

Anyway - let's raise the curtain!

Previews:

Trailer

Teaser

(Make sure you click on the little |CC|-Button if it's not already activated in order to get English subtitles.

(Yeah, trailers for short films are borderline-useless - unless you crowdfund your film and want to raise an appetite so that your fans open their wallets and become supporters.)

OTHER VIDEOS:
Crowdfunding-Pitch (not subtitled, yet)​

Plot:
After a cave-in, while they struggle to find their way out of a collapsing copper mine, two students trigger the interest of an ominous presence dwelling an old mountain - a presence that willingly puts their loyalty and compassion for each other to a test...

As all of you might already know, the title refers to Psalm 23:

Though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me

Production Status & Notes
Shot in German and Germany, this movie was financed via Crowdfunding on startnext.de, the equivalent to kickstarter in the German speaking world. It was shot in a copper mine called Grube Wilhelmine (eng. "mine Wilhelmina") in the north of Bavaria and has entered post-production. Sound editing and color grading are about to start, the work on VFX has already begun (as showcased in our trailer). After completition it will have its online premiere for all crowdfunders - among which are also some Americans and we're damn proud of that :) - and it'll begin its theatrical run on festivals. Alongside national festivals, we'll try to enter international competition, too. Eventually the film will be uploaded on Vimeo with english subs.

SCREENPLAY / DIRECTOR: Matthias Noe*
PRODUCERS: Dominik Lando und Matthias Noe
LEAD ACTORS: Benjamin Hübner & Franziska Herrmann​

*that's me

Tech Specs | Additional Information:
Cameras used: RED Epic / RED MX (both First Unit) | Nikon D800 (Second Unit, e.g. some shots with stand ins)
Recording formats: Redcode Raw | H.264
Running time: approx. 12 minutes
Days of shooting: 2
Lenses: ZEISS Distagon & Planar Primes 35-85, COOKE Zoom 20-100mm MK II, SIGMA 17-50mm 2.8 EX
Location: Grube Wilhelmine in Sommerkahl | Bavaria, GERMANY | Google Maps
Software Used: Premiere & After Effects CS6 | Red CineX Pro

Some stills:

15436494432_52a4a2d8a1_o.jpg

15252204927_8766ac22c6_o.jpg

15250168457_07861fcc77_o.jpg

15560329012_b4deb1ae33_o.jpg

15434949421_48c522e3ec_o.jpg

(more stills to be found here)

Hope you like what we can show you thus far,

Greetings from belowground,
Matt

Last edited:

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back