• Before you can add your own film to the site you will need to be a contributing member of our filmmaking community.

Join the site and read more about How to Submit Film.

War Movies-Any new?

black hawk down sucked bad. sure, the explosions and war were pretty to look at, but it drags on and on and on and on. how long is the movie? like 3 hours? 3 hours of war. nothing else. I hardly knew the characters, I wasn't able to keep body count on the main characters, I didnt even know their names. thus, I didn't care about them.

it was just one big explosion, nothing else.

Whats wrong with you people. How can you like an Oliver Stone movie. To him the world revolves around him and he makes his own history up.

P.S. Thin Red Line Didn't even have a plot, how can you even like that movie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by braininabox:
What did you all think about Windtalkers (with Nicholas Cage)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHA. I'll save my finger movements and let someone else answer this.

M.Night Fan - welcome to the site, but please, do your homework. Whether it was an exaggeration or not, Thin Red Line did have a plot, and it had an excellent script as well, I was lucky enough to have connections to read it before the film was released and when it was, I was blown away. It was a little long, but the fantastic cinematography, acting, and storyline (and use of metaphorical elements) kept me interested.

Another great war film is The Lost Battalion. (The TV remake in 2001 wasn't bad either).

i actually haven't seen the original All Quiet since Freshman year, but it was good. Anyone seen the remake? I saw that one too, but I dont remember how it was, I guess I'll have to watch both them again.

and yeah, Full Metal Jacket is great, I just watched it the other day. The movie is so creepy at parts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> P.S. Thin Red Line Didn't even have a plot, how can you even like that movie. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can you say it doesn't have a plot? Look at the great characters in it, Witt, Staros and Tall. They were the three who were the most focused on and they all showed a great side of war, from the Colonel to the Captain to the Private. And you can't not love the way Malick shot this film, turning what would have been a WW2 US glory and heroic event into what feels more like a Vietnam film. I mean, they dropped the bomb and ended the war, what did Guadalcanal mean in retrospect. it's hard to find a WW2 film like that, especially the way america looks at the war. And again, while many don't like Oliver Stone or his films, am not going to take any CO's oppinion on the war over Stone, who was there.

Wind-talkers was the only movie I ever walked out on.

Back to Platoon, The reason I think it is the best war movie is because it has so much going on and Stone was a vet.

Apocalypse now is great but is it really a war movie? I think its not, rather its backdrop is the vietnam war.

I am backing Ryan and Trespasser on this. Windtalkers stunk as a war movie. I think it should have been Vin Diesel or some other dumb action star, because at its best, its a shallow action movie with the back drop of Sapain in the 1940's.
M. Night- I think Platoon wasnt intended to inform you of any actual events of the vietnam war, rather a tribute/ memoir to the everyday crappy life- or death- of a grunt in Vietnam republic of.
As for red line, never saw it.
And Kyle, Hawk Down wasnt supposed to be a short and sweet go kill the militia men and leave deal. It was am accurate account of what those men went through.

Ok Kyle I would love to hear why u think M.Night sucks. He is one of the most original filmakers of our time. Plus he writes his own material, produces, and directs. There aren't too many people that still do all three.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ok Kyle I would love to hear why u think M.Night sucks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh, you'd LOVE to hear why I think M. Night sucks?

too bad. I'm keeping it to myself.

Black Hawk Down is I think the most accurate representation of modern warfare. It really was extraordinary.

As far as WWII, that's a hard call, considering there has been so many. Saving Private Ryan as good, but I don't know if it was accurate.

I really only know about the assault on Japan, because my Grandpa was on those ships when the Kamikazes started hitting. So, that's where my interest has always been. How come all the WWII movies concentrate on the German part? Why not on the Japs? It was just as improtant as the Nazi spread. both countries wanted the same thing for their people. When I make it into the industry, I'll make a movie about that I think.

An amazing WWII movie is "The Longest Day", it's an old movie made in the 60's I think, starring John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, ahh i can't remember the rest, but there's a lot of good actors from that time period in it.

So Kyle keeping it to yourself I see. Why don't you just give your reasons to not liking him. Don't lie and say You don't like someone when you don't even know why you think they suck.

I like the Alice in Wonderland Quote, BTW Kyle. A very merry unbirthday to you, my friend!

And don't worry too much about Kyle, M.Night fan (personally, I think Night had one good movie and the rest have been going down hill), he pulls everyone's chain. He really is mad, you see. And I'm sure he has a perfectly good explanation for why he doesn't like somebody, he always does.

sorry if i came off as being an a$$, I just wasnt in the mood for talking about m night's movies.

and a very merry unbirthday to you, too, Forsaken

cheshire3.jpg

I wish I could do that.

Best Reviewed Films

• Twin
    • Amirreza Taherverdi
    • Updated:
  • Ghost Car
    Tom buys a car off of the internet only to find that it is possessed by a ghost whom Tom must...
    • Sam Gannuch
    • Updated:
  • Sinclair
    A young, troubled hitman must choose between staying in his dangerous and dead-end career or...
    • Colton Van Til
    • Updated:
  • Trace
    Mix of live action and traditional animation, Trace is a short animated film about a girl who...
    • Hyo Bin Kang
    • Updated:
  • KILLING TIME
    A man waits patiently in a car for a friend to collect a parcel from him.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
  • QUEST FOR THE BUDGET (Comedy Sketch)
    Two guys journey to find a budget for their short films!
    • BlueBand Films
    • Updated:
  • Mom
    A son comes home from a funeral, but not everything is as it seems.Made for the...
    • noah kiriu
    • Updated:
  • Out Of Depth
    From behind the wheel of his car, a young man considers an impossible choice.Featuring an...
    • Jacob Crow
    • Updated:
  • A Theif's Remorse
    A pickpocket has a change of heart mid-theft.
    • BenjaminW
    • Updated:
  • Lampu
    Two people talk about the significance of life and how it is lived.
    • marikhbattlecry
    • Updated:
Back